The Human Service and Community Vitality Department within the City of Surprise is seeking volunteers and interns to help assist in a wide variety of areas of the Department. The Department consists of the following three Divisions.
Neighborhood Services Division (City Hall: 16000 N Civic Center Plaza ): ( http://www.surpriseaz.gov/138/Neighborhood-Services)
Surprise Resource Center (Address not published): ( http://www.surpriseaz.gov/3549/Surprise-Resource-Center)
Senior Services (Senior Center 15832 N Hollyhock St) : (http://www.surpriseaz.gov/135/Senior-Services)
Please review the links to learn more about our Department/Divisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
- Performs various routine clerical duties, utilizing standard office equipment, to include: screening incoming calls; taking and transmitting messages; maintaining calendars; keyboarding information into databases; making photocopies; performing data entry; faxing documents; typing; and word processing
- Files documents alphabetically, numerically, or by other prescribed methods (hard copy and digital)
- Monitors office supplies and materials and notify appropriate staff for restocking
- Assists in updating the Neighborhood Services Division website
- Assists in the creation of brochures and publications
- Create and maintain an informational resource kiosk
- Updates community resources information kiosk
- Familiar with census tracking, research and online search engines
- Agenda creation
- Maintain contact information with community partners
- Special project research regarding community needs assessments and available resources
- Meeting and event organizing
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
Contact Jason Hughes @ email@example.com for an application.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- At least one day per week.