HealthSET is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of the low-income elderly. Our highly-skilled and compassionate staff and volunteers provide free health clinics and substantial follow-up care, acting as a bridge to the complex health care and social service systems. We give our most vulnerable seniors the tools to live independently which is essential to preserving their quality of life. Please see healthset.org for more information.
Nurses and student nurses are needed to volunteer as little as 4 hours per month, to provide clinical preventive services including routine screening, immunizations, and education. Duties of our nurse volunteers include:
- Provides direct client assessment (i.e., blood pressure, pulse, oxygen saturation, weight, and medication review) at each clinic
- Conducts appropriate physical examinations based on client concerns
- Provides individual client education specific to client’s health care needs
- Assists clients in achieving medication compliance
- Acts as a healthcare advocate for the client
- Documents client’s data in paper files and computer records
- Sets up equipment at clinic sites
Please contact us to learn more, and thank you for your interest in volunteering with HealthSET!
- Veteran Care
- Physician Assistant
- Mental Health
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- As little as 4 hours per month
- Flu shot and TB test required.