We appreciate your interest in volunteer work!
This volunteer opportunity will be responsible for providing receptionist and general office support for the front desk of the Roger Poitras Administration Building in Fort Pierce, FL. This building is also known as the St. Lucie County Administration Annex.
The primary duties are as follows:
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls and forward calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Greets visitors and customers as they enter the Administration building and ensures sign-in at the reception desk.
- Answers questions about County departments/organizations and provides callers and visitors with addresses, directions and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Human Resources Department and County Administration as needed.
Basic computer skills (Word, Excel and Internet navigation) are necessary, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and work well with the general public and County staff.
The shifts would be 3 - 4 hours per day. The building hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Please submit your interest or stop by the Human Resources office for more information and to complete a volunteer application. Human Resources is located at the north entrance of the building on the corner of S 23rd Street and Virginia Avenue. Please feel free to contact HR at (772) 462-5267.
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 - 4 hours per day