ARROWHEAD LODGE VISITOR CENTER HOSTING- NORTHERN COLORADO
Live and work in the beautiful Cache la Poudre River canyon in northern Colorado this summer! Historic Arrowhead Lodge Visitor Center is located along Colorado's only Wild and Scenic River corridor. It is accessed via paved state highway 14.
Built in the 1930's, historic Arrowhead was originally a summer resort. Now the log building is a Forest Service visitor center, open in the summer to provide information for thousands of visitors from around the country. Up to 6,000 people stop by over it's three-month season.
HOST DUTIES: Hosts staff the visitor center and book store, and provide grounds keeping (lawn mowing) and facility cleaning and minor maintenance.
Each team/couple splits duties. One person will work in the visitor center, providing recreation information on the national forest, Scenic Byway, and Wild & Scenic River, and selling books and maps. The other person will work outdoors on grounds keeping, cleaning one vault toilet, and minor building maintenance.
AMENITIES: Fishing trout-filled Poudre River, wildlife viewing and hiking on-site. Scenic drives, camping, bicycling and off-road adventures are near by.
We provide free RV site with 50 amp electricity, water, sewage. Nearest town is 40 miles away (Fort Collins, Colorado). Landline phone on site; DSL computer access possible for personal setup/payment. No cell service.
Days are pleasantly mild; nights are cool. Site elevation is 7,400 feet. Work week is four days.
- Hosts must come with own RV or camper.
- Work schedule is 4 days on/3 days off, 9 AM to 5 PM.
- The site is open daily. Another host couple will be on site with you to work alternating days.
- Adaptable, easy-going self-starters who are able to work independently of direct supervision (supervisor is in Fort Collins)
- Good physical condition (elevation is 7400 feet)
- Retail sales/cash register experience
- Basic home maintenance repair skills
APPLY AT www.volunteer.gov/gov search ARROWHEAD LODGE VISITOR CENTER
- Outdoor Recreation
- Office Management
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Environmental Education
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- May 29- Sep 3, 2018
- Must come with own RV or camper