Forest Service visitor center host couples needed!
Live and work in the beautiful Cache la Poudre River canyon, along paved Colorado Highway 14, home to the state's only Wild and Scenic River, at historic Arrowhead Lodge Visitor Center.
Built in the 1930's, historic Arrowhead was originally a summer resort. Now the log building is a Forest Service visitor center, open in the summer to provide information for thousands of visitors from around the country. Up to 6,000 people stop by over it's three-month season.
Hosts staff the visitor center and book store, and provide grounds keeping (lawn mowing) and facility cleaning and minor maintence.
If a couple, one host works in the visitor center, providing recreation information on the national forest, Scenic Byway, and Wild & Scenic River, and selling books and maps. While on-site, fish the trout-filled Poudre River, and view bighorn sheep in the backyard. Elk, moose, and aspen viewing are a short drive away.
The other hosts works outdoors on grounds keeping, and helps to keep buildings clean. There is one vault toilet to clean.
We provide free RV site with 50 amp electricity, water, sewage. Nearest town is 40 miles away (Fort Collins, Colorado). Phone on site; no cell service.
Days are pleasantly mild; nights are cool. Site elevation is 7,400 feet. Work week is four days.
- Hosts must come with own RV or camper. Free RV hookup (water, septic) with 50 amp electric service included. There is a land line on site.
- DSL computer hookup available on hosts’ expense.
- Work schedule is 4 days on/3 days off, 9 AM to 5 PM
- Skills needed: We are looking for adaptable, friendly self-starters who are able to work independently of direct supervision (supervisor is in Fort Collins), easy-going (will be co-hosting with another couple), and in good physical condition (elevation is 7400 feet). Retail sales, basic home maintenance and repair skills a plus.
APPLY AT www.volunteer.gov/gov search ARROWHEAD LODGE VISITOR CENTER
- Outdoor Recreation
- Office Management
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Environmental Education
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- May 22- Sep 5, 2017
- Must come with own RV or camper