Program Coordinator for: About MBSR
Mindfulness based equine facilitated learning is an 8-week course on mindfulness practice and stress reduction developed.
The Commitment of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
MBSR is truly experiential education. By spending a significant amount of time in class and at home it’s truly possible to change patterns of reactivity and stress. New ways of relating to life that are less reactive and more healthy often result. The power of this investigation into moment-to-moment living offered by MBSR can change your relationship to your own experience and this carries forward into relationships and attitudes of all kinds.
For this "magic" to work participants must be committed to putting in the time in practice and study. This includes:
- Eight classes, each typically two-and-a-half hours long.
- One day long retreat (typically six or seven hours long)
- Daily practice at home of 30-45 minutes during the entire course which many participants choose to continue after the course ends.
Most of us have busy lives and it’s not easy to add the weekly class and daily home practice.
To receive benefit from MBSR you must be ready to make your best effort to attend all class sessions and do the home practice. And to bring forward a gentle but persistent effort with an open-minded spirit of curiosity. There is plenty of support from the instructor, the recorded and written materials, and from your fellow participants but the decision to commit to MBSR can come from you alone.
Thousands of people of all ages, from all walks of life and lifestyles have now benefited from the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program-and you can too! This program is suitable for anyone who is interested in living a less stressful and more rewarding life.
- Event Planning / Management
- Business Development
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- Min 10hrs week to start with and then 5-10hrs/wk
- Abundance in energy, enthusiasm and commitment