IT Intern/Volunteer (On-Site)
34 people are interested
IT Technician will monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of an organization., install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person. IT Technician is mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them.
- Setting up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices;
- Checking computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality;
- Installing and configuring appropriate software and functions according to specifications;
- Maintaining office computers and equipment;
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance;
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems;
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment;
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work;
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.);
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule;
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and inform the Operations Coordinator to place the order;
- Develop technological systems to help the organization run more efficiently;
- Creation of manual of processes & practices of IT Technician.
- High School graduate, current college student, or college graduate who is self-motivated and directed;
- Able to dedicate at least 120 hours within a 3-4 month period;
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Some experience as IT Technician or relevant position;
- Diagnostic and problem-solving skills;
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills;
- Understanding computer systems and networks;
- Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- This internship can be used to credits earned for an academic internship , dependent upon the institution’s approval;
- Not paid internship.
*** AVAILABLE TO COME INTO THE OFFICE, GENEVA - IL
About Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
411 Steven St., Geneva, IL 60134, US
CCWF's vision is for every child and adolescent to have a strong network of caregivers engaged in supporting their positive development in nonviolent families and peaceful communities.
CCWF strives to improve children's worlds through awareness raising, education, and training throughout communities worldwide. Through our educational programs we address a universal need for all families to understand their child's needs and to give caregivers the confidence that they can support their child's development. We provide the foundation for participants in our program to give their children more positive life opportunities and experiences than they themselves had. CCWF strives to reduce the incidences of violence, maltreatment, and neglect through strengthening the capacity of parents, caregivers, and communities to care for children's health and emotional well-being.
We'll work with your schedule.
411 Stevens St.Geneva, IL 60134
- Google Apps
- Database Administration
- Security / Network Administration
- Macintosh Platform
- IT Consulting