Volunteers are needed for daily care of cats and kittens. Duties include: feeding, cleaning litter boxes and cages, changing and washing bedding from cages and overall general cleaning such as sweeping and mopping. We house 60-70 cats - if you have allergies or asthma this is not the best place for you.
Due to the amount of training we require for our volunteer cleaning positions, we ask for a 3 month commitment of 4-6 hours each week. Volunteers come in for a regularly scheduled recurring shift on the same day and time each week.
- Volunteers must be able to read and comprehend detailed policy and protocol information as well as being able to remember and follow shelter rules.
- Volunteers must be able to understand and fulfill all responsibilities of their role independently.
- Volunteers must be able to physically fulfill the duties of their volunteer role. Most volunteer roles require volunteers to: be able to stand, and/or walk for up to 3 hours; be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. Some positions are more physical than others.
- Volunteers must attend an Information Session held the first Saturday of every month at 5 pm (60-90 mins) prior to volunteering.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Must commit to once a week for 3 months
- Must have a tetanus shot