Global Civic Preservation is in need of two (2), creative, innovative and energetic Social Media Specialists.The Social Media Specialist (SMS) works diligently to promote market and brand the organization through various technology and non-technological websites, forums and venues. The SMS reports directly to the Executive Director. The Social Media Department encompasses business social interaction and is skilled in the technology areas of social networking and social marketing. SMS volunteers should be computer and Information Technology savvy and a self-motivator that is results-driven. The SMS will consistently seek opportunities to improve the organization’s internet and social media footprint to enhance the overall effectiveness of Global Civic Preservation’s internet presence and social media as it pertains to our programs, services and events. The Social Media Department defines implements and manages innovative strategies to maximize the use of various social networks and social marketing to benefit Global Civic Preservation, its constituents and beneficiaries. This position requires the collaboration efforts of the Social Media Department across all countries and Social Media Specialists in all countries to ensure that there is no duplication of effort and to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of strategies, postings, on-line security and various other avenues to safeguard the GCP brand. This position will also work closely with the Information Technology (IT) and operate within the GCP Information Technology policies and procedures. The SMS staff are to be proficient with online venues, forums and networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google +, Twitter and LinkedIn to develop strategies to utilize these networks to promote Global Civic Preservation’s mission and initiatives. In addition, The Social Media Department is responsible for continuously maintaining and increasing its online and face-to-face audience to effectively promote GCP’s initiatives, programs, events, news and fundraising campaigns and strategies. Key responsibilities for this position includes but aren’t limited to:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive social media strategy to define programs that use social media marketing techniques to increase visibility and user traffic across the various platforms.
- Assist in the development, implementation and management of the Social Media Policies and Procedures.
- Developing opportunities for GCP to utilize the various social networks and social marketing platforms and apps to efficiently and effectively promote GCP while keeping GCP beneficiaries, staff and stakeholders informed and engaged through these vices.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, application trends, analytics and effectiveness to increase the use or terminate the use of such applications, forums or venues.
- Consistently update and maintain GCP;s social network forums with information, upcoming events and use as a fundraising tool to increase the visibility and income for GCP’s programs and services.
- Experiment and investigate in the upcoming and latest social networks, social media apps etc. to understand the benefits and how it could be of use for GCP.
- Maintain a youth audience on social networks where appropriate as well as a maintaining a mature audience to keep engaged in what GCP is doing locally and abroad.
- Consistently seek different methods to utilize social marketing and how it may coincide with some of the social networks agendas.
- Monitor the use of the various GCP social networks forums and assure that all rules and regulations are being fulfilled.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the use and effectiveness of the various social networking forums, apps and audience as well as the social marketing networks and audience.
- Engage GCP employees, volunteers, board of directors and GCP beneficiaries in various relevant blogs, forums and social network conversations and RSS feeds.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
1. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills (written , verbal and presentation)
2. Must have a valid passport and have the ability to travel to any country worldwide.
3. Must be creative and able to articulate thoughts and ideas effectively (both written and verbally)
4. Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (2007 or greater)
5. Must possess excellent presentation skills for youth and adult audiences
6. Must be able to pass a background check
8. Must possess excellent managerial skills and the ability to multi-task and delegate responsibilities.
- Internet Research
- Google Apps
- Basic Computer Skills
- Security / Network Administration
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours a week