Global Civic Preservation is seeking both youth and adult board members to facilitate its operations and governance. The youth board members must be between the ages of 14-21 years of age and serve as a voice of 21st century youth for local and global programs and services. Youth board members will also serve on board committees to provide diversity, realistic youth requirements and expectations and innovative strategies, energy and innovation.
Adult board members will provide the required governance and will serve on a minimum of one (1) board committee. Board members must be passionate about youth and community development with an organization that is passionate about inclusion and does not discriminate against race, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or physical condition.
Board Member Duties:
- Cultivating positive relationships with community, businesses, government, schools and youth to fulfill our vision and mission.
- Exercise leadership abilities to raise funds to facilitate organization programs and services
- Provide constructive and innovative suggestions and guidance
- Must volunteer at a minimum of 5 events per calendar year
- Elect, monitor, appraise, advise, support, reward, and, when necessary, change top management.
- Be assured that management succession is properly being provided.
- Be assured that the status of organizational strength and manpower planning is equal to the requirements of the long range goals.
- Approve appropriate compensation and benefit policies and practices.
- Propose a slate of directors to members and fill vacancies as needed.
- Annually approve the Performance Review of the CEO and establish his/her compensation based on recommendations of the Personnel Committee and Chairman of the Board.
- Determine eligibility for and appoint Board Committees in response to recommendations of the Nominating Committee.
- Annually review the performance of the Board and take steps to improve its performance.
- other duties as needed.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Youth Services
- Business Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 5-10 hours a month
- Financial contribute a minimum of $1000.00 per calendar year, attend board meetings,