Home Foster Care for Cats and Kittens
42 people are interested
The fostering program at Happy Endings is an opportunity to help unwanted, abandoned, and special needs cats have a home while they are prepared to find themselves a forever home. There are several circumstances that may require a foster home, such as:Cats In Need Of Foster Homes
- Young or neo-natal orphans (1-10 weeks old; Bottle feeding may be required).
- Pregnant females
- Mother with kittens under 10 weeks of age
- Kittens/cats recovering from injury/surgery (Medicating or physical therapy may be required).
- Kittens/cats in need of socialization
- Elderly or Ill cats requiring long-term care (diabetes, thyroid, IBD, etc. Medicating may be required).
- Terminally ill cats that are currently content (cancer, organ failure, etc. Medicating may be required).
- FIV or FeLV diagnosed cats
- Any cat when the shelter becomes full
- Provide a peaceful, loving and indoor only environment with clean water and food for the foster companion and spend quality time loving and socializing them.
- Provide a separate room to isolate the foster companion for a minimum of five (5) days to prevent the spread of potential illness. (A bathroom or bedroom works wonderfully for this as is the use of a cage that can be provided.)
- Provide transportation (using own vehicle, family member or taxi) to the Happy Endings shelter or our selected veterinarians for examinations, vaccinations, etc. if necessary or in case of emergency.
- Be patient, as well as be willing to nurse any injury and/or illness with the understanding that some companions will not recover from their injuries or illness.
- Complete a foster care application and foster care contract.
- Provide regular updates on the status of your foster companion.
- Are 21 years of age or older.
We'll work with your schedule.
5349 W Forest Home AveMilwaukee, WI 53220
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Animals already in home must have current shots