44 people are interested
Home Foster Care for Cats and Kittens
44 people are interested
The fostering program at Happy Endings is an opportunity to help unwanted, abandoned, and special needs cats have a home while they are prepared to find themselves a forever home. There are several circumstances that may require a foster home, such as:Cats In Need Of Foster Homes
- Young or neo-natal orphans (1-10 weeks old; Bottle feeding may be required).
- Pregnant females
- Mother with kittens under 10 weeks of age
- Kittens/cats recovering from injury/surgery (Medicating or physical therapy may be required).
- Kittens/cats in need of socialization
- Elderly or Ill cats requiring long-term care (diabetes, thyroid, IBD, etc. Medicating may be required).
- Terminally ill cats that are currently content (cancer, organ failure, etc. Medicating may be required).
- FIV or FeLV diagnosed cats
- Any cat when the shelter becomes full
- Provide a peaceful, loving and indoor only environment with clean water and food for the foster companion and spend quality time loving and socializing them.
- Provide a separate room to isolate the foster companion for a minimum of five (5) days to prevent the spread of potential illness. (A bathroom or bedroom works wonderfully for this as is the use of a cage that can be provided.)
- Provide transportation (using own vehicle, family member or taxi) to the Happy Endings shelter or our selected veterinarians for examinations, vaccinations, etc. if necessary or in case of emergency.
- Be patient, as well as be willing to nurse any injury and/or illness with the understanding that some companions will not recover from their injuries or illness.
- Complete a foster care application and foster care contract.
- Provide regular updates on the status of your foster companion.
- Are 21 years of age or older.
About Happy Endings No Kill Cat Shelter
5349 W Forest Home Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53220, US
Happy Endings is a non-profit, no kill organization that has been in existence since 1994. It is run solely by volunteers. Our mission is to find permanent homes for strays, abused or unwanted animals that are either brought in to us or rescued off the street.
Happy Endings provides a safe haven for feral, stray, abused, neglected and or critically injured cats. We nurse those who are sick back to health and provide a home for all cats until they are ready to be adopted. ll of our adult cats are spayed and/or neutered before they are adopted.
Happy Endings is an all donation all volunteer run organization. If you would like to donate money or items - our Wish List is below. Monitary donations are always welcome - we spend over $70,000/year on medical bills.
Every month our cats eat:
- over 300 lbs. of dry food
- 150 cans of canned food
- 150 lbs. of special diet food and
- use over 800 lbs. of litter is used every week
Donation drives, car washes or other fundraising events are welcome. Please e-mail MediaRelations@HappyEndings.us if you require any specific information or have questions.
5349 W Forest Home AveMilwaukee, WI 53220
October 17, 2021
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Animals already in home must have current shots