Grant Writers will be responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors to provide regular written updates (newsletters etc) to corporate and foundation donors.
- Understanding of institutional history and programs (information will be provided).
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc).
- Work with VP or ED to provide development input for all written institutional materials (including Annual Report, Member magazine).
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Grant Writing / Research
- Program Management
- Technical Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment