Interested in fitting volunteer work into your busy schedule? Want to show your Chicago pride? Event and Program Volunteers provide assistance and customer service at a variety of events and programs that support the mission of the Chicago History Museum. Be an ambassador for CHM by engaging the diverse audiences served by the museum: members, adults, families and children.
Annual events include the Chicago Hot Dog Fest, The Last Speakeasy, Members’ Open House, Commemorative Days and more. Event and Program Volunteers should be comfortable working with large crowds in a fast-paced environment, have exceptional customer service skills, and enjoy working with the public and meeting new people of all ages. Availability during evening hours and weekends is preferred; occasional weekday opportunities will be available as well
Tasks include event preparation duties such as setting up tables and chairs or décor for events, assistance with event registration, distributing promotional material, assisting event photographers, greeting guests as they arrive, and more.
To view entire position description plus apply go to http://www.chicagohistory.org/aboutus/jobsvolunteering/volunteering
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Serve as a Museum representative by greeting guests, and informing them about the event activities.
Assist with day of coordination of special events and programs.
- Assist with event set up, supplies during event and breakdown
- Disseminate information about activities to attendees
- Facilitate interactive activities and demonstrations for different age groups
- Assist with event registration
- Assist event photographers or photography stations
- Distribute Chicago History Museum promotional materials
- Promote Museum membership at events
- Other duties to be assigned
- Exhibition Arts
- Event Design & Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Visual Arts
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Must assist w/ 3 events during the year
- Must attend training that will occur during July 2016