SNAP at the Farmers Market
31 people are interested
Farmers Market SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as foodstamps) volunteers help provide access to healthy local produce for low-income individuals in their communities. Through grants and generous donations, Fairfax County Farmers Markets now match SNAP purchases up to $20 per market visit for additional produce! Our work with the SNAP program puts healthy food on the tables of our most vulnerable citizens, while providing additional income to support small sustainable family farmers.
- Welcoming customers, introducing them to the market, explaining how the SNAP at Market program works, offering tips and shopping advice.
- Performing SNAP transactions, accurately dispersing market tokens and recording transactions.
- Entering market data at the end of each market day into the FMtracks data entry system.
- Taking pictures, recording testimonials of SNAP program success stories.
- Coordinating with the SNAP Outreach intern on program promotion.
We'll work with your schedule.
2501 Sherwood Hall LaneSherwood Regional LibraryAlexandria, VA 22306
- Project Management
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, opportunity available 5 hours per week
- regularly volunteering (1x-2x per month)