EcoRise Youth Innovations inspires a new generation of leaders to design a sustainable future for all. Our school-based program empowers youth to tackle real-world challenges in their schools and communities by teaching ECO-LITERACY, DESIGN & SOCIAL INNOVATION. Now in its seventh year, EcoRise serves in 100 schools across Texas and over 600 schools around the world this fall.
EcoRise seeks a passionate and motivated Board Treasurer who will contribute to the growth, strategy and governance of the organization as a voting member. The Board Treasurer is responsible for attending the monthly board meetings, oversight and review of annual operating budgets and performance throughout the year, providing financial input and guidance to the Executive Director and sharing the reporting of the organization’s financial performance to the board in a timely and accurate way. In addition to the strengths needed for the Board Treasurer role, EcoRise is interested in engaging professionals who have the knowledge, talent and network to carry EcoRise to a position of continuous growth and impact.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
Board members commit to attend a monthly meeting (second Monday evening of the month), as well as an all-day strategic planning session once a year. In addition, there are a number of opportunities to get involved in events and activities throughout the year. Responsibilities of board members include:
- Preserving and advancing the mission
- Ensuring effective financial, legal, and administrative oversight
- Implementing a fundraising strategy & raising capital
- Opening doors with potential partners & donors
- Raising the visibility of EcoRise
- Envisioning strategies for sustainability and growth
- Finance background with experience reviewing P&L statements and annual budgets.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and ability to communicate financial trends and performance to the board.
- Strong computer literacy skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & QuickBooks Online
- Commitment to self-reflection and continuous improvement
- Passion for the mission of organization
- Background in education, technology &/or fundraising
- Experience as a chief financial officer or director of finance.
- Experience developing financial forecasting tools including pro formas.
- Operations management knowledge and experience in nonprofit environment
- Familiarity and professional networks in the fields of sustainability, design &/or social innovation
Candidates for the Board Secretary position are welcome to apply immediately and begin exploratory conversations with the Board Chair and Executive Director. The board placement process requires candidates to attend two meetings before both parties determine if it is a good fit.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume &/or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter describing your interest in our mission and the board position. Be sure to reference Board Treasurer in the subject line. Thank you for your interest!
- Capacity Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Resource Development / Management
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment