The Cath Lab Check In Volunteer is present to greet patients and guests who are checking into the Heart Cath Lab. The volunteer will notify Admissions staff of the patient's arrival and when admissions is finished with the patient, the volunteer will escort the patient and a couple of guests to the recovery area and give the patient a few basic instructions. As the patient goes back for a Heart Cath procedure, the family and guest will come back to where the volunteer is so that the volunteer can pass on updates to the family from the surgeon and hospital staff. When the surgeon wants to meet with the family and guests of a patient, the volunteer will escort the family to the Consult Room.
The volunteer should have a pleasant and caring attitude and should like to be busy. The volunteer should have a good general knowledge of the hospital layout in order to give guests directions to the cafeteria, gift shop, parking, and other areas of the hospital.
This is a new area of service for volunteers and we are asking volunteers to be able to serve one day per week, currently we are in need of volunteers on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6 AM until Noon. If the volunteer cannot be present for a shift, the volunteer must call and let staff know.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hour shift, one day per week.
- Broken Arrow Surgery Waiting...
- Sapulpa Gift Shop Volunteer
- Diabetes Center Volunteer
- Owasso Gift Shop Volunteer
- Owasso Guest Services Desk...
- Endoscopy Discharge Volunteer
- Sapulpa Way Finding Desk
- Cath Lab Check In Volunteer
- Sapulpa Med-Surg Volunteer
- Sapulpa Emergency Room Volunteer
- Way Finding Volunteer
- Patient Dismissals and Equipment...
- Gift Shop Volunteer
- Broken Arrow Guest Services...
- Volunteer Beautician
- Cardio-Pulmonary Rehab Volunteer
- Owasso Radiology Volunteer
- Broken Arrow Auxiliary Gift Shop