We are looking for volunteers to help out in our appliance and home repair section at our Ogden and Downtown ReStore. If you have experience in carpentry, woodworking, construction, project installation, or repairing appliances, this positon is for you. This volunteer role is perfect for those handy people who enjoy repairing small and large items and prepare them for the sales floor in our ReStore. Choose your own projects based on your ability.
* Choose furniture repair projects based on ability.
* Repair appliances and get them ready to sell on the floor.
* Communicate with Store managers on supplies needed to repair.
* Clean up after all volunteer shifts, so that the area is ready for the next volunteer
* Log your hours
* Knowledge of and commitment to the philosophy of Habitat for Humanity
* Ability to work closely with ReStore staff and volunteers.
* Self-sufficient, requiring little supervision.
* Cooperative attitude.
* Basic repair ability and familiarity with tools.
* Willingness to learn new skills
* After a 3-4 week "audition" period, a long term commitment is needed.
- Bike Mechanics / Repair
- Appliance Repair
- Auto Mechanics / Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible Schedule