Asante Africa Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes quality educational access and leadership development for children in East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania). Asante Africa Foundation believes in the power of knowledge as a catalyst to help young people create a future where they live their dreams. We achieve this vision through partnering with local families, educators and community members to create safe and healthy learning environments, strengthen teacher quality, enhance learning in the classrooms, provide merit-based scholarships, and leadership development. To learn more about Asante Africa Foundation please visit www.asanteafrica.org
- Directly impact Asante Africa Foundation's efforts to fund education-related projects that enhance knowledge, skills, and opportunities for hundreds of children in East Africa and learn about successful international development programs
Involves the development of proposals for single year, small value asks (USD 15,000 to 50,000) targeted towards family foundations and other small foundations.
Prospecting potential funding sources through the web, Foundation Directory Online, and existing prospects in the organization’s database.
- Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run by majority volunteers
- Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization
- Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities
- Opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home or our Oakland office
- Strong research and writing skills
- Experience with budgets a plus
- Self-starter and motivator, with a strong work ethic
- Professional demeanor and strong communication and relationship skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels
- Ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Passionate about Asante Africa Foundation’s mission
- Experience living or working internationally a plus
Must be able to commit approximately 10 hours per week. Virtual or in-office position. This is an unpaid volunteer position.
How to apply:
Email a brief cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for Asante Africa Foundation and your resume to email@example.com. Please put "Grant Writer Volunteer" in the subject line.
**This is an entry level position ideal for undergraduate students willing to build skills in public health, education, social science, humanities, business development and public policy**
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours per week
- IT Associate
- Event Planner Intern
- Program Proposal Writer
- Project Manager / Event Manager
- Non-Profit Mailer
- Volunteer Grant Team Associate
- Auction Volunteer Team Member
- Business Operations Associate
- Event Coordinator
- Human Resources Intern
- Donor Management Associate
- Marketing Intern
- Co-Team Leader for University...
- Business Development and...