Do you love being outdoors? Interacting with friends and neighbors? Like working with children? Taking pictures? Need community service hours?
Or, are you looking to volunteer your skills to help with the planning, marketing, or governance of an established farmers’ market?
Become a Melrose/Sally Frank’s Farmers’ Market volunteer! Help us support local farmers, musicians, artisans, and community businesses and nonprofits while contributing to a sustainable future.
What: We're looking for volunteers on market days for the following activities:
- Help set up or take down tents and tables just before or after market hours
- Run "Club Sprouts," a fruit or vegetable guessing and tasting activity for kids
- Take photos of everyone participating in the market and special events
- Count market customers to help track participation by the community
When: We hold the farmers’ market every Thursday, from June 9 to October 27, 3 - 7pm. Participate for at least 2 hours. Join us for one or all!
Where: Bowden Park (corner of W. Emerson and Vinton Streets). Parking at the Melrose Cedar Park train stop, and a short walk from the public bus line.
The Melrose/Sally Frank’s Farmers’ Market is currently planning for the summer 2016 market and looking for individuals interested in helping to coordinate:
- Farms and Food Vendors
- Non-profit and Business tables
- Media and Marketing
- Grants and Sponsorships
How: If you're interested in volunteering your skills, please respond to VolunteerMatch.
- Customer Service
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hour shifts on market days
- Must be able to use VolunteerSpot online sign up