Boys & Girls Clubs of the Los Angeles Harbor is looking for Interns 50+ to help us bridge the intergenerational gap with the members in our community.
Research shows that children who don’t have enough opportunities to interact with grandparents and other seniors in the family are more likely to have negative feelings about aging. For them, the stereotypes about old age are more likely to make them fearful of growing older. By helping connect our kids and seniors, we can overcome these stereotypes.
Your Internship will include:
* Education - Focusing on helping children learn from and develop positive images of seniors while giving the you an opportunity to gain a sense of fulfillment from working with children.
* Friendships - This component is important in helping increase the feelings of understanding and respect between children and older adults.
* Caring - The key to truly bridging the gap between the two generations lies in helping children develop genuinely caring relationships with seniors.
We'd love to have you join our team!
- Youth Services
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Sports Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 50
- TB test and Background Check
- Sports/Health & Fitness:...
- Math Skill Builders @ San Pedro...
- Receptionist for fast paced Port...
- Sports/Health & Fitness: Golf &...
- Maintenance & Facility...
- Sports/Health & Fitness--Dodge...
- High School Fine Art Assistants...
- Tutors Needed at our Port of Los...
- Fifty+ Internship (Seniors Only)
- Art Room Volunteers Needed