Dorchester Neighborhood Service Center
The Dorchester Neighborhood Service Center is looking for volunteers for its Youth Academy Program, an after school enrichment program serving youth from 6 to 12 years of age.
- Teach an enrichment class, such as crochet, robotics, yoga, etc. depending on the knowledge of the volunteer
- Develop positive relationships with students and practice instructional skills
Skills & Qualifications:
We want creative, flexible, and dedicated individuals that will act as mentors to our students. Interest and belief in urban education and students is a must. Experience working with youth preferred.
Length of Commitment:
The Youth Academy Program is broken down into 8 to 9 week sessions listed below:
Session I - September 21st - November 20th
Session II - November 30th - February 12th
Session III - February 22nd - April 15th
Session IV - April 25th - June 20th
Session V - June 27th - August 19th (this runs on a full day schedule)
Volunteers can sign up for one or more sessions between Sessions I and Session IV.
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
Enrichment Classes run Monday through Thursdayfrom 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Volunteers can come in once or twice a week.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Youth Academy Enrichment Class Teacher.
- Youth Services
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Computer Instructor Volunteer
- Campaign Volunteer
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Food Pantry Volunteer
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Housing Search Intern
- Youth Academy Club Leader
- Intake Assistant Interns
- Senior Programs Intern
- Youth Academy Enrichment Class...
- Exercise Instructor Volunteer
- Data Entry Intern/Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- Family Services Interns
- Housing Resource Support Volunteer
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Future Protectors Initiative...
- Community Planning and Research...