The Black Star Project’s Emerging Young Leaders Board is comprised of professionals in the Chicagoland area who will use their talents and skills to grow an organization that has been committed to educating, encouraging, and empowering students, families, and communities for twenty years. The Emerging Young Leaders Board will work to expand the visibility and resources of The Black Star Project through social events, volunteering, and fundraising, as well as provide opportunities for young professionals to develop new skills, take on leadership roles, and broaden their professional and social circles by attending seminars and workshops.
To Learn More
Join us for Speed Networking and Wine on Friday, May 20, 2016! Learn more about the Emerging Young Leaders Board, meet other like-minded young professionals, and enjoy a fun evening getting to know The Black Star Project!
When: Friday, May 20, 2016 at 7:00 pm
Where: The Black Star Project, 3509 South King Drive, Chicago, IL 60653
Register for this event:
- Commit to a one-year term (July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017)
- Be at least 22 years of age and no older than 35 years of age at the start of the term
- Serve as a community ambassador for the mission, values, and programs of The Black Star Project
- Help identify potential new members
- Serve on at least one of the following committees: Events Committee, Marketing Committee, Board Development Committee, Volunteer/Advocacy Committee
- Pay an annual membership fee of $100 (payment plans are available)
- Commit to an individual minimum fundraising goal of $150 during the term
- Volunteer for a minimum of 10 hours in the course of a term
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Participate in at least two board-supported and mission-related events/activities during the term
Download the application at our website:
Please email your application and resume to Xavier Mann ( firstname.lastname@example.org) byWednesday, June 1, 2016 at 11:59 pm. Please use the subject line: Emerging Young Leaders Board Application - (Your Name).
Please email Xavier with any questions.
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- Monthly 2 hour meetings
- Maximum age 35