PDX Pop Now! is currently accepting resumes and letters of interest in anticipation of the 2016 Festival season. Those candidates that are selected will have an amazing opportunity to shadow under the current Board or Coordinator volunteer and get hands on training and mentorship as they guide the organization through the 2016 season. Please note, all positions are ALL volunteer, as is the festival, one of the only all volunteer run music festivals in the nation!Grants Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Development Director, the Grants Coordinator will research, develop and prepare grant applications from beginning to end for the purpose of providing funding and supporting the mission of PDX Pop Now!
Please send a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com
- Generates revenue for Outreach programs, Festival logistics, and Compilation distribution through timely submission of well-researched, well-written, and well-documented fund-raising proposals.
- Composes/compiles necessary follow-up evaluation reports required by any government, foundation and other leads. (e.g. narratives, work plans, budgets, letters of inquiry, etc.)
- Updates Board of Directors on progress of current proposals and current state of affairs.
- Researches and identifies new funding prospects in the areas of Arts, Music, Community Outreach, and Education.
- Serves as a PPN! liaison to funding agencies and community organizations, networking to identify applicable funding opportunities by demonstrating a strong understanding of institutional history and programs.
- Attends bi-monthly meetings (typically takes place on Monday evenings)
- One-year minimum commitment (Board members preferably commit to their positions for two-year terms)
- Assists other departments during the year and helps staff the PDX Pop Now! summer music festival
- Passionate about local music and dedicated to PDX Pop Now!’s mission
- Experience and success with past grant proposals preferred.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Approximately 10 hours a month.