PDX Pop Now! is currently accepting resumes and letters of interest in anticipation of the 2016 Festival season. Those candidates that are selected will have an amazing opportunity to shadow under the current Board or Coordinator volunteer and get hands on training and mentorship as they guide the organization through the 2016 season. Please note, all positions are ALL volunteer, as is the festival, one of the only all volunteer run music festivals in the nation!Development Director
The Development Director works with a team of highly-dedicated volunteers to carry forward the organization’s mission of stimulating and expanding participation in Portland music. The Development Director's primary responsibility is to raise money to support the organization’s programs and services and to oversee a team of talented development coordinators.
Please contact email@example.com with a letter of interest and resume for this position.
- Creates and implements a development plan that solicits donors and identifies funding sources such as grants, in-kind donations, charitable events and sponsorship opportunities.
- Sets fundraising goals and determines overall strategy for Willamette Week’s Give!Guide campaign, which includes assigning appropriate tasks to fundraising coordinators
- Recruits and trains new team members as needed
- Attends bi-monthly meetings (typically takes place on Monday evenings)
- One-year minimum commitment (Board members preferably commit to their positions for two-year terms)
- Assists other departments during the year and helps staff the PDX Pop Now! summer music festival
- Passionate about local music and dedicated to PDX Pop Now!’s mission
- 1-3 years of development experience with a strong understanding of at least two of the following areas: grant writing, fundraising and/or sponsorships
- Experience working with volunteers
- Strong partnership-building skills
- Grant Writing / Research
- Event Planning / Management
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Roughly 20 hours a month. Possibly less.