ChickTech is a multi-generational community supporting women and girls to become technology creators.
We are dedicated to retaining women in the technology workforce and increasing the number of women and girls pursuing technology-based careers. We facilitate hands-on technology-centric events to empower, support, and increase the confidence of women and girls. Through our events, ChickTech builds community, empowers participants to see themselves as leaders, and provides networking and mentoring opportunities in the rapidly growing high tech industry.
We are looking for a Fundraising Leadfor the Austin chapter of ChickTech.. This volunteer role would be responsible for researching and building relationships with potential donors, organizing fundraising events, and recommending and implementing fundraising strategies and goals.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Prior fundraising experience for non-profits or charities
- Excellent interpersonal skills that establish and maintain credibility and relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Good strategic and tactical thinking
- The ability to work in a collaborative style and move others to action by planning, motivating and organizing work tasks
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with potential donors through in-person meetings at events, cold-calling, direct mailing, and other networking methods
- Networking with companies to establish ongoing/event sponsorships
- Working with ChickTech marketing and outreach team members to increase awareness of the ChickTech organization by e-mail/web marketing, word-of-mouth at local conferences and other events, and other means
- Developing fundraising strategies, which may include organizing fundraising events, web-based fundraising (youcaring, indiegogo, etc.), grant applications and others
- Working with marketing team members to develop appropriate solicitation materials and other correspondence and acknowledgements
- Tracking and analyzing past fundraising efforts to measure effectiveness and forecasting for future fundraising needs
- Working with the volunteer coordinator to build a team to assist in fundraising duties and outreach
- Managing the donor database to ensure contact information is current and donor contact preferences are honored
Expected time commitment: 5-10 hours/week. We ask that all leadership team members commit to one year of being on the team if possible, although less can be negotiated! Please be honest about your time commitments, while we realize it is difficult to forecast what you may be doing four or five months out, we ask potential leadership team members to try their best to upfront with any conflicts, either work or personal. Thank you for your understanding!
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours a week
- Ability to make phone calls between 9am-5pm when businesses are open.