Heartland Hospice is seeking compassionate veterans like you who want to donate time to our veteran hospice patients. No one understands the questions and concerns of a U.S. military veteran more than a fellow veteran or active duty personnel. That's why Heartland has developed the Vets-to-Vets Volunteer program, in which volunteers with similar backgrounds can meet with and assist in the care of U.S. militarty veteran patients.
Why are veteran volunteers important to Heartland?
1. The potential for a better match of patients and volunteers based on similar areas of interest and background is increased.
-Veterans share a common language, and code of conduct and honor.
-Trust often develops faster between people who have common life experiences.
-The camaraderie between veterans can enhance their civilian social roles
2. The culture of stoicism and social reactions can discourage veterans from sharing their war experiences with non-veterans.
-When one veteran talls to another, stoicism and secrecy may dissolve.
-Sharing supports life-review and healing.
Administrative Volunteer(clerical duties)
*Training 4 hours
Direct Volunteers(visiting directly with patients)
*Training 14 hours
Professional Health Care Provider Volunteer
*Training 15 hours
*Training 16 hours
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As much or as little as you would like to give
- Your Gift Is Your Time! Become A...
- Love To Help Others? Volunteer...
- Are You A Veteran Who Would Like...
- Vigil Volunteers Are Needed At...
- Do You Have A Heart For Others?...
- 16 and Older Looking for Summer...
- Do You Love Organization? Are...
- Speak Spanish?We Need You!
- Are You In High School And...
- 16 and Older? Join Heartland...