At Heartland Hospice, we consider our involvement with each patient a sacred opportunity and a privilege to be in their lives. We depend on our hospice volunteers to help us provide the love, respect and care our patients and their families need. Volunteers offer support, companionship and practical, compassionate help. Our volunteers have the opportunity to work directly with our patients, or, if preferred, can work behind the scenes on special projects in the office setting. Volunteers can help enrich the lives of our patients by:
1. Helping with office support tasks at the agency
2. Running errands for patients and families
3. Staying with patients so family members can get a much-needed rest
4. Reading or providing a comforting touch
5. Playing or singing soothing music to patients
6. Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours
7. Vet to Vet Program
As a Heartland Hospice volunteer you can donate as much or as little times as you desire. The duties of our volunteers are varied. This flexibility allows you to find an area or service that is uniquely suited to you and provide you with the greatest personal satisfaction.
Administrative Volunteer(clerical duties)
*Training 4 hours
Direct Volunteers(visiting directly with patients)
*Training 14 hours
Professional Health Care Provider Volunteer
*Training 15 hours
*Training 16 hours
- Administrative Support
- Office Reception
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- As much or as little as you want
- Your Gift Is Your Time! Become A...
- Love To Help Others? Volunteer...
- Are You A Veteran Who Would Like...
- Vigil Volunteers Are Needed At...
- Do You Have A Heart For Others?...
- 16 and Older Looking for Summer...
- Do You Love Organization? Are...
- Speak Spanish?We Need You!
- Are You In High School And...
- 16 and Older? Join Heartland...
- Love Organization? Volunteer In...