Call for Board Member(s)
About our organization
The Friends of Frying Pan Farm Park are a 501(c)3 supporting the Fairfax County Frying Pam Farm Park located in Herndon, VA. Our mission is to support and protect the park founders’ vision of protecting the resources of the park.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to be a board member focused on fundraising for the Friends Group. We are looking for an individual with experience in social media campaigns (Facebook and Twitter) and donor solicitation and communications. This is an unpaid position.
- Identifying, researching and implementing fundraising opportunities
- Coordinate with the BOD, Park Manager and Park Marketing team on ideas, events and reporting
- Build relationships with donors
- Devise and organize fundraising campaigns and events
- Help manage social media campaigns
- Coordinate the writing and delivery of letters of thanks to donors
Board Member Expectations:
- Attend one Board meeting per month - usually 2 hours in length held either at 1pm or 7pm at various locations throughout Fairfax County but generally at the Park location in Herndon.
- Participate in events at the Park throughout the year, usually held on weekends.
- Spend 5-7 hours per month on organization tasks as described above, with more time focused during the annual appeal process (has typically occurred in December)
- Promote the park through personal and professional networks
Applicants should have a strong interest in the park, good communication skills, be open minded, users of social media, electronic communication, and enjoy working with a diverse group of customers. This position is voluntary with a three-year commitment and provides no financial compensation.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Customer Acquisition
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 2hr/month BOD, + events as available
- Ideal candidate would want to be involved with park events monthly