Glow in the Park 5k is a fun run inspired by the idea that cancer never sleeps! Runners gather at Central Park to race at MIDNIGHT through fun glow stations. Be sure to wear your glow in the dark gear! Runners celebrate by dancing at the Silent Disco party hosted by HushConcerts until 3am.
Glow in the Park 5k is hosted by Relay For Life of Santa Clarita Valley, a 24 hour event to fight cancer. All proceeds benefit the free cancer programs and services that the American Cancer Society provides to cancer patients.
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO GET INVOLVED!
1. You can join our planning committee! We meet once a month to coordinate and plan the success of this race. We need volunteers with experience in:
- Marketing - tabling as a vendor at the finish line of other races to register runners
- Marketing Jr - Distributing Postcards and Posters to local businesses, promoting the Glow in the Park 5k
- Logistics - setup/take down, course mapping
- Decorations - planning the decorations for the race at the Silent Disco and on the course
- Sponsorship - helping gain sponsors and vendors for the race
- Donations - getting donations for runner goody bags and post race nutrition at the finish line
2. Want to volunteer just for the day of the event? We are looking for the following volunteers:
- Water Station - hand out water to runners and walkers
- Medals - hand out finisher medals to runners
- Registration - check in runners, hand out their goody bags
- Directional - stand on the course cheering runners and guiding them where to go
- Decorations - help the decoration committee put up their decorations on the course and at the Silent Disco
- Silent Disco - help check in and check out headsets into the Post Race Party
- Setup crew
- Take down and cleanup crew
Use this link to register for a volunter role (or two!).
- People Skills
- Customer Acquisition
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18