West Valley Food Pantry - Supervisor Position
- Responsible for opening the pantry five days a week 8:30 a.m. Monday-Friday. Requires minimum shift of 16 hours per week. Employee is responsible for the overall management and maintenance of the Food Pantry. Oversees set-up prior to pantry shift opening, gives instructions to AM shift volunteers. Determines daily food allotment to clients based on available supplies in conjunction with standard allocations based on approved guidelines.
- Responsible for ordering from and processing payments for the Regional Food Bank, EFSP, and primary grocery store providers. Supervises the delivery of food supplies and works with warehouse managers to coordinate staff to receive and stock and store orders.
- Responsible managing and developing personnel, supervises volunteer shift leaders and volunteer staff. Participates in developing and improving implementation of staff training materials and assists training volunteers.
- May be required to assist with scheduling when necessary. Prepares daily work assignments. Participates in regular pantry staff meetings. Establishes agenda and implements operational guidelines for staff meetings.
- Manages receipts and prepares financial documents and reports required by the treasurer to manage the operations budget; monitors and approves expenditures for purchases.
- Participates in monthly Board of Director meeting and Governance meetings. Provides monthly reports on pantry operations, training and purchasing budget to the Board.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly reports are prepared focusing on food distribution activities and progress toward annual goals established by Board of Directors and various committees.
- Provides information to the public and clients regarding pantry operations. Works closely with the Officer of Outreach and Development in public discussions and event speaking engagements, responsible for assisting in the development of presentations for use in such events.
- Willingness to participate in on-site events promoting the services the WVFP provides to the community.
Flexible, cooperative and people oriented. Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic client facing environment. Must be customer service oriented. Managerial experience, including staff supervision and development. Previous purchasing and inventory management experience preferred. Experience writing presentations and monthly performance reports. Must possess confidence to deliver presentations to a diverse audience. Financial background in revenue and expense management with the ability to utilize various computer programs. Subject to criminal and background check. Valid CA drivers license required. Prior Food Bank experience preferred.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 16 hours a week minimum