Make a positive difference in the life of an actively dying hospice patient. A vigil volunteer receives special training at Brookdale Hospice to become part of the patient's holistic team-- Doctor, RN, Chaplain, Social Worker and you! As a Vigil Volunteer, you provide comfort and create a peaceful presence for the patient at bedside when the patient's death is imminent.
Brookdale Hospice provides the patient an individualized program of physical, emotional, and practical care with emphasis on pain control and symptom management. Hospice care represents a full spectrum of care designed to respect the dignity of an individual facing a terminal illness. Our program is a reflection of our spirit of caring, because we emphasize comfort, dignity and respect. We believe that centering our focus on both the patient and the family enables us to provide the best care.
Call or email Cesslie Joy Pharr, Volunteer Coordinator at Brookdale Hospice to get started on this incredible journey: 719-268-2582 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Serious inquiries only, please. **Must be able to pass a background check, two-step TB test and drug screen.**
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Crisis Intervention
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Available to sit with an actively dying patient
- Heart of compassion. Pass drug screen, background check, TB test
- Read to Hospice Patients
- Vigil Volunteer
- Awesome Office Administrator
- Join Our Hospice Companionship...
- Sing to (and with) a Hospice...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Hospice Volunteer Orientation:...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed!
- Hospice Companion Volunteer
- Animal Companions for Hospice...
- Ivory Tickler for Hospice Patients