Become a mentor at C4K and get the opportunity to create, invent and explore technology with a local underserved young person (age 12-18). C4K mentors sometimes lead, but often follow, as they know it is empowering for young people to teach others.
Volunteer as a C4K mentor today and build something great!
- Mentors volunteer one hour one per week at C4K for the duration of a year.
- Attend a 1 hour training session (Typically held on the first Saturday of each month).
- Pass a background check.
- Ready to commit to spending one hour, once per week with a youth member for a total of 36 hours, which usually takes 9 months to a year.
- Respect for other cultures
- Willing to learn new things and to create
- You don't need to be an expert in a STEAM field to be a C4K mentor! Any caring adult with basic computer skills who is open to trying new things is capable of helping a C4K youth!
- Youth Services
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One hour per week for one year.