Volunteers are needed to translate for clients receiving resettlement services in our office. This can be done in person or over speaker phone. Appointments can be arranged to fit your availability within our office hours Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm MST. Providing translation is crucial to providing high quality legal representation and and a variety of refugee services. Please be advised that you may be exposed to personal and potentially distressing information regarding our clients.Strict confidentiality is required of this position to protect the privacy and interests of our clients. This position is best suited for mature volunteers who are reliable, have strong interpersonal communication skills, and are able to communicate effectively in English and another language.
Please visit http://dmrs-ep.org/get-involved/volunteer/ to download a copy of our volunteer application and send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Background check clearance through the Diocese of El Paso.
- Attendance at the Diocese’s "Safe Environment Training" within 3 months of beginning service. This 3 hour training is typically held monthly on Friday afternoons.
- Availability during office hours- Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 4:30 MST. Volunteer opportunities in the evenings and on weekends are rare.
- We will consider volunteers living in the US and available to interpret by speaker phone. However, due to cost, we cannot accept volunteers outside of the US at this time.
- Volunteers living in El Paso, TX preferred.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training