Become a Candidate Investigator today!
Candidate Investigators are people like you who help us provide voters with the region's only independent, non-partisan, non-agenda driven evaluation of candidates for public office.
If you are a registered voter in King County and NOT currently a Precinct Committee Officer (PCO), we invite you consider volunteering with us in 2017. Our Candidate Investigators come from many diverse backgrounds, ages, and political beliefs. We recruit from as wide a range of the county as possible, and we deliberately balance the membership of every committee.
Because the Municipal League rates candidates according to their fitness for public office, not according to their political platforms, Candidate Investigators are screened based on their willingness and ability to be unbiased in their evaluation assessments.
- An Evening Training session to learn about the ratings process and conduct a practice interview with a mock candidate.
- Independent Candidate Investigation: In addition to the committee meetings outlined below, each evaluator independently investigates 1-2 candidates; checks references, collects information on campaign donors and other background information (which can take 4 -12 hours) and then presents to the committee.
- This years committee's will be meeting for the first three weeks in June, Tue-Thur. We may also hold a Saturday committee if there is sufficient demand and resources.
- 1 Ratings Final Review: Each committee will schedule its own final review during June in order to finalize recommendations to the Municipal League board. Final review meetings generally last two to three hours, depending on the number of candidates evaluated, and are generally held on the last scheduled interview date.
- 1 Ratings Review Night with the Municipal League Board: Each committee has approximately 90 minutes to present their recommendations for final approval by the Municipal League board.
- Ratings Release Party: The Candidate Evaluation Committees and the Municipal League celebrate the hard work of our Candidate Investigators when the final ratings are published to the community at large.
Apply here https://goo.gl/forms/JBYS8BlaYEZoHzcj1
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two hours of training and 8 hours/week in May/June
- Registered voter in King County and NOT currently a Precinct Committee Officer (PCO)