AmeriCorps Fellowship Positions
OneOC, formerly known as Volunteer Center Orange County, is recruiting candidates for our 5 AmeriCorps programs below. AmeriCorps is a federally funded program whose mission is to improve lives, strengthen communities, and foster civic engagement through service and volunteering. AmeriCorps Fellow positions are full-time commitment that may include evenings and weekends with the goal of helping others and meeting critical needs in the community. Candidates will interview and be selected to serve at Nonprofit organizations and Educational Institutions participating in the AmeriCorps Programs in Orange County.
VIP Fellow (Recruitment and Volunteer Infrastructure Building)
VIP Fellows increase the number of high-value volunteers providing prominent services by Partner Organizations. VIP Fellows coordinate volunteer programs and support high-value volunteers, develop volunteer programs at their Partner Organization, and build and develop relationships for the Partner Organization.
CalPREP Fellow (Eduction)
CalPREP Fellows increase the college readiness of students by initiating youth-mentor matches at Partner Organizations. CalPREP Fellows establish a meaningful mentoring program, recruit and track mentors, and assist families to increase college knowledge, student grades, and test scores.
DRVP Fellow (Disaster Response)
DRVP Fellows build stronger and more sustainable capacity for operational resilience and critical services delivery to vulnerable populations after a disaster strikes. DRVP Fellows develop effective plans to recruit volunteers and coordinate with stakeholders in the event of a disaster, train a team of volunteers to respond in time of disaster, and support recovery and sustainability of their Partner Organization.
VISTA Fellow (Veterans)
VISTA fellows coordinate veteran programs for their Partner Organization. VISTA fellows coach and support a cadre of veteran service providers and volunteers recruit and develop more and/or appropriate service providers as highly skilled volunteers and forging lasting relationships and volunteer projects year-round.
Ready Corps (Disaster Response)
OneOC is the lead agency in Orange County for the coordination of spontaneous volunteers following a disaster. Ready Corps Fellow will recruit and train volunteers to be a part of OneOC’s Emergency Volunteer Cadre and assist in the operation and management of OneOC’s Emergency Volunteer Center.
- Opportunity to make a difference in Orange County Community
- Networking opportunities with other AmeriCorps fellows and local leaders within the community
- Training and professional development
- Modest living allowance ($7,000 - $15,000 depending on program and term of service).
- Service Term from 6 months to 12 months
- Segal Educational Award upon completion of service
- Health benefits and child care assistance if qualified
- Must provide current photo ID, signed Social Security Card, and proof that s/he is a US Citizen, a US National, or a Legal Permanent Resident before or at the time of sign-up.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Must clear a criminal background check (DOJ and FBI; National Sex Offender Public Website Database).
- Must follow the AmeriCorps Code of Conduct while serving.
- Must have an interest in and/or a background in community service and volunteerism.
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1700 hour service year (900 hour half year)