The Dorsey High Class of 2005 Reunion Inc. ('DHS2005')'s sole charitable purpose is to provide college preparatory services, mentorship, and scholarship aid to disadvantaged students of our alma mater and the greater Los Angeles community. We achieve our mission through our SEEDS of Change Leadership Development Program and the April McNeel Scholarship for Exemplary Students.
We believe higher education and leadership empowerment will break cycles of poverty, inner-city violence, and mass incarceration rates.
DHS2005 is currently expanding their leadership team and looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join our team of volunteers passionate about youth empowerment. Under the general direction of the Executive Directors, the volunteer will assist with the planning, execution, and evaluation of all organization special events including our fundraising gala and yearly social engagements. The volunteer will also support the operations of SEEDS of Change Saturday sessions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the coordination of 1 to 2 special events per year
- Support operations and logistics of student workshops
- Provide and implement strategy for event audience development including securing table captains and filling tables, event communication and registration tools, maximizing donations and return attendance
- Lead volunteer and committee management and engagement
- Manage all logistics for venue, rentals and catering
- Begin and build event sponsorship plan
- 3-5 years of major event planning experience
- Passion for serving and working with underserved communities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Able to work both independently and as an effective part of a team
- Non-profit and fundraising education or experience strongly preferred
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One Year