This position is intended for volunteers interested in using their skill or enjoyment of shopping for groceries to support refugee clients' at NewAP. In this role, volunteers will assist case managers by going to the store and picking out culturally appropriate foods to bring to newly-arrived families.
- Shop for groceries at selected stores using a culutrally appropriate shopping list.
- Deliver groceries to the home of NewAP refugee clients.
- Communicate with staff regularly about grocery shopping oucomes.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to communicate easily with people of various ethnic and educational backgrounds
- Ability be shop and deliver groceries in a timely manner
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to procedures
- Ability to work in fast-paced and hands-on environment
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- If interested email Teni-Ola Ogunjobi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Development Intern
- Transportation Volunteer
- Housing Intern
- Human Resources Intern
- Young Women's Leadership Program...
- Vocational Counseling Intern
- Resettlement Intern
- Immigration Intern
- English at Home Volunteer
- Operations Intern
- Communications and Marketing...
- Matching Grant/Financial...
- Afterschool Program Intern -...
- Refugee Grocery Shopper Volunteer
- Careers Services Intern
- Finance Intern
- Refugee Benefits Volunteer
- Project RISE AmeriCorps Members...
- Afterschool Program Intern-...