This position is intended for volunteers looking to support refugee clients at NewAP. In this role, volunteers will assist case managers by providing roundtrip transportation to the NewAP office, doctors’ appointments, WIC appointments, English classes, job interviews and other various appointments around the community.
- Pick-up clients from client's home or NewAP office and safely transport adult clients and possibly their children to destination.
- Communicate with staff regularly about transportation outcomes.
- Adjust a car seat and fasten child properly into the car seat if necessary.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to communicate easily with people of various ethnic and educational backgrounds
- Ability to natvigate locations and be on-time for pick-ups and drop-offs
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to procedures
- Ability to work in fast-paced and hands-on environment
- People Skills
- Bus/Van Driving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3-month minimum time commitment
- If interested email Teni-Ola Ogunjobi at firstname.lastname@example.org