Director of Philanthropy
The purpose of IHSF (In Her Shoes Foundation) is to bring women of all ages and backgrounds together; to inspire, connect, educate and support the development and maintenance of a positive and healthy lifestyle. Through four main concepts - inspire, connect, educate, and support - women of In Her Shoes Foundation seek to provide a safe and collaborative environment for all women.
Reporting to: IHSF President and CEO
TheDirector of Philanthropy will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of individual donor gifts and fundraising efforts for events and special ongoing needs for our non-for-profit organization. The Director of Philanthropy plays a central role in developing and implementing donor strategies for the organization and implementing individualized prospect and donor engagement plans for his/her portfolio of donors and prospects. The Director of Philanthropy works directly with the Foundation leaders and Executive Leadership, volunteers, and board members as appropriate in identifying, cultivating and soliciting individual gift and planned gift donors and prospects. The Director of Philanthropy participates in, supports, and promotes all Foundation events and activities, including raising funds from donors to support such activities.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field required
- Minimum of three (3) years of development experience with proven success in securing gifts from individual donors ($10,000 or more)
- Demonstrated experience engaging and building relationships with highly rated prospects and donors and ability to communicate the IHSF mission and programs in ways that excite and motivate them
- Exceptional talent for building and sustaining donor and community relationships, both internally and externally, and for driving results
- Excellent written, analytical and verbal, communication skills necessary to tailor messages to various audiences and to be an effective presenter for IHSF.
- Strong listening and organization skills required
- Understanding of fundraising law and ethics as well as state and federal tax laws
In Her Shoes Foundation is run entirely by volunteers. If you have the passion to help women and want to use your skills to help the organization grow, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.