Sojourn Hospice invites you to become a Hospice Volunteer!
Volunteers serve our clients receiving End of Life Care and their families. Hospice Volunteers receive initial and ongoing training for cultivating skills to provide compassionate presence and support to people in their last stages of life. Typical assignments include:
- Weekly visits to provide companionship and conversation,
- Reading to clients,
- Emotional and practical support to family caregivers
- Watering plants,
- Walking a pet
- "Being there" when a listening ear is needed
Our Service Areas include Santa Clara County, San Mateo County, East Bay and Peninsula areas. Training is provided locally.
We ask for a commitment of 4 hours a week (minimum) for at least one year. Hours and days of service vary according to volunteer availability and client need. Degrees and prior experience are not required. You must be 18 years of age, care about people and have a sincere desire to be of service to your community.
Consider offering the gift of your caring presence! Contact us today to learn more about this volunteer opportunity that can change your life while helping someone else through a difficult time in theirs.
- People Skills
- Spiritual Healing
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Massage Therapy
- Elder care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours/week of service; 2 hours/month meeting
- 16 to 18 hours of initial training is required; ongoing training at monthly meetings