Volunteers are the lifeblood of MADD-full of passion and compassion for our mission. Join our army of ordinary citizens who’ve become extraordinary activists in saving lives and preventing injuries.
Whether you’re interested in volunteering a couple of times a year or a couple of times a week, there’s a place for you at MADD. And we have a wide variety of opportunities to match your interests and expertise. Some options include:
- Advocate for Change: Work to strengthen existing laws and pass new ones. Get started by emailing your legislators.
- Lend a Shoulder: Become a trained volunteer Victim Advocate or a Help Line volunteer and provide emotional support to victims and survivors.
- Advise a Board: Consider a community leadership role by serving on a local advisory board.
- Take Steps to Raise Funds: Sign up for Walk Like MADD in your community or as a virtual walker online to help raise mission funds to end drunk driving.
- Speak Out: Join the Speakers Bureau program and speak at schools, civic groups, clubs and other organizations.
- Spread the Word: Distribute MADD’s Tie One On For Safety red ribbons to encourage people not to drink and drive. Tie a ribbon on your vehicle to show your commitment.
- Monitor the Courts: Ensure that justice is being served by monitoring DUI cases.
- Help Victims Be Heard: Coordinate a Victim Impact Panel where victims share their story to drunk and drugged driving offenders.
- Flex Some Power: Inspire youth, train parents or mobilize community activities to prevent underage drinking and reduces alcohol access to youth.
- Honor Heroes: Recognize law enforcement and first responders at shift briefings or sobriety checkpoints to say thanks for keeping our roads safe.
- Roll Up Your Sleeves: Help set up events, run an information booth or attend community fairs.
- Mail Some Help: Research local drunk and drugged driving crashes, then mail "We Care" cards to the victims of these tragic events.
- Give a Hand: Answer phones, make copies or perform other office support duties.
- Administrative Support
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment varies