Description of Opportunity
Design the homepage and six "How to Help" pages of our new website we will take live this spring.
This is a great opportunity to expand your resume and portfolio. Work with the President of the organization as you would a client.
App to Succeed, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations that strives to eliminate poverty in the United States by engaging at-risk Americans in best-in-class comprehensive information that enables them to become financially responsible, independent and successful.
We are seeking an experienced graphic designer with a good eye for graphic design that is at the cutting edge of design and will appeal to 16-19-year-olds. There are several more graphic design assignments, but we aim to get this priority completed first.
Please email your resume, a link to your work samples, and two days and times (using EST) when you are available for a phone call. We will email you to confirm one of your times and phone you as confirmed.
In the meantime, feel free to visit www.AppToSucceed.org to learn more about our organization and the project. We are in the process of rebuilding our entire website but you will be able to find the information you need on the original site.
Regretfully, as a nonprofit, we are not, yet, able to pay our volunteers, but we do offer other forms of compensation:
1. Exceptional interns who make a significant contribution will receive a personal letter of reference, written and signed by the CEO.
2. Comple your commitment to the internship and your name will be acknowledged on the organization's website and in the credits of the software program when published.
3. Earn academic credit and / or community service hours, with your school's approval.
3. Complete your assignments and meet expectations and you will be awarded a Certificate.
-Hours are flexible
-Start dates and end dates are flexible.
-Work can be done remotely and meetings are held by phone conference, saving the time and expense of commuting.
Must have access to the software you need to do the design.
Strong preference for some who will finish the scope of the website assignment as defined above.
Proficiency in WordPress and coding is a plus.
- Graphic Design
- Animation Software
- Web Design / UX
- Visual Arts
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Web Design
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- Prefer min. 10 hrs. for 4 months. Flexible times.
- Preference for ongoing commitment.
- Internet Research Projects...
- Webmaster (Virtual & Flexible)...
- Virtual Video and Audio Editing
- Crowdfunding Campaign Manager
- Editor/Writer/Proofread (Get...
- Motion Graphics, Fractal, 2D and...
- Technical Leader (Virtual) For...
- Social Media Master
- Graphic Designer (Option to...
- Virtual Software Development