- Greet people who enter senior center with a smile and greeting.
- Answer questions of people who enter the senior center, if unable to do so direct them to the window kindly.
- Help seniors with locating a flyer, gazette or menu and tell them about what the senior center has to offer.
- Show people new to the senior center where things are located and walk them through the building for a "tour".
- Straighten flyers and magazines in lobby.
- Let staff know if we need to replenish flyers.
- We would like the hostess to be a resource to senior center goers and to be friendly and welcoming at all times.
- Friendly, patient personality
- Ability to understand English and speak English clearly
- Good sense of humor
- Understanding of different cultures is a plus
- Special Requirements: (Minimum age, background check, etc.)
- Our youngest volunteers are in Junior High, our oldest in their 90’s
- Sell lunch and dinner tickets at counter in lobby, accounting for monies and type of ticket sold.
- Greet seniors and make them feel welcome
- Answer questions in a helpful and friendly manner
- Encourage people to sign in and register as a member of the Senior Center
- Straighten magazines and lobby in general if you have free time (keeping your eyes on the money at all times)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Two to four hours weekly
- We request for a 6 month to 1 year commitment.