Relay For Life of San Lorenzo would love to have you join us as we take on the fight against cancer! Have a couple hours to spare or volunteer for the full event - all commitment levels are welcome! We will find a fit for your skills and interests. Various volunteer opportunities are available from 7am on Saturday, August 12 to 11am the next day, August 13. This is a great opportunity for high school students looking to fulfill volunteer hours.
Some of our event volunteer needs include:
- Helping set up the event - getting supplies to the proper location.
- Helping take down the event - helping pack up the event/supplies, loading up U-Haul to return our supplies.
- Helping our teams unload belongs in parking lot & delivering items to team campsite.
- Assisting in the Registration tent - help check in people, direct teams to their campsite, register new participants, hand out event shirts
- Assisting in the Survivor Tent - greeting survivors upon arrival, checking them in, giving them necessary materials.
- Assisting in the Luminaria Tent - helping decorate luminaria bags, placing bags around the track, lighting bags at dusk, and helping to collect bags after the event ends
Relay is a 24 hour fundraising event that unites our community in a common effort to raise funds for cancer research, education, advocacy, and patient services. Every action we take moves us one step closer to a world free from the pain and suffering of cancer.
Please reach out to us if you are interested in volunteering!
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Outdoor Recreation
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours+, up to you!
- A passion for ending Cancer!