Relay For Life of San Leandro would love to have you join us as we take on the fight against cancer! Have a couple hours to spare? Or campout and volunteer for the full event - all committment levels are welcome! We will find a fit for your skills and interests. Various volunteer opportunities are available from 7am on Saturday, May 20 to 11am Sunday, May 21. This is a great opportunity for high school students looking to fulfill volunteer hours.
Some of our event volunteer needs include:
- Helping set up the event - getting supplies to the proper location.
- Helping take down the event - helping pack up the event/supplies, loading up U-Haul to return our supplies.
- Helping our teams unload belongs in parking lot & delivering items to team campsite.
- Assiting in the Registration tent - help check in people, direct teams to their campsite, register new participants, hand out event shirts
- Assisting in the Survivor Tent - greeting survivors upon arrival, checking them in, giving them necessary materials.
- Assisting in the Luminaria Tent - helping decorate luminaria bags, placing bags around the track, lighting bags at dusk, and helping to collect bags from around the track the following day.
What is Relay For Life?
Relay is an overnight team fundraising event that unites our community in a common effort to raise funds for cancer research, education, advocacy, and patient services. Every action we take moves us one step closer to a world free from the pain and suffering of cancer.
Please reach out to us if you are interested in volunteering!
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Outdoor Recreation
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours+, up to you!
- A passion for ending Cancer!