Come volunteer in a World Heritage Site and Biosphere Reserve located in the heart of the Northern California Redwood forest! Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park is looking for fun and energetic volunteers who love nature and want to share their knowledge of the outdoors with visitors at the Prairie Creek visitor center. Volunteer one or two days a month; 4-8 hours each day.
- Receive training about Redwood ecology, wildlife, and Natural Resources Interpretation.
- Staff the information desk and inquiry based interpretation tables, swear-in new Jr. Rangers, lead ranger-led hikes
- Interact with various park employees from both State and National parks
- Resume and skills building in all major fields
- Free day use parking. Other perks include monthly bbq’s, day use passes, invites to special NPS and State Park staff trainings, special guest speakers, park events,and more!
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8+ hours per month