We are in need of additional volunteers to help with our weekday Homework Help and Drop-In times. This program runs throughout the year, with abreviated hours in July and August.
Volunteers are needed Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays for 2:30-6pm & 6-9 pm shifts. Volunteering can happen once a week, twice a month, weekly, or as agreed upon with our Director.
- helping students with homework
- encouraging progress, keeping students focused and celebrating successes
- guiding students in time management skills as needed
- building relationships with youth through conversations, homework help, board games, movies, etc.
No experience is required, and all volunteers will meet one on one with our Director for conversation, questions, and basic training. All that is needed is a willing heart, a commitment to being present during your volunteer hours, and a desire to make a difference in the lives of the young people at our center.
- General Education
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Preferably one 3-hour shift 1-2 times a month min.
- Criminal and Child Abuse background checks are required of all volunteers.