Are you a meticulous organizer with a superb eye for detail? Come help make equal access to justice in our community a reality by assisting Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP)’s main office in bringing legal services to low income residents of the Eastside and survivors of domestic violence from all of King County. Since 1989, ELAP has provided a variety of civil legal services enabling equal access to justice including, one-on-one legal clinics, unbundled legal services, brief services, limited and full representation, and community education lectures.
- Report to ELAP’s Executive Director
- Provide general clerical and office support including data input, processing and updating in MS Excel, donor database or client database
- Scan or file documents
- Perform other office support tasks as requested
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications
- Maintains strict client confidentiality
This volunteer position requires coming to ELAP’s office nine to twelve hours (9-12) a week. We ask for a one year commitment to ELAP.
- Commitment to ELAP’s mission in promoting equal access to justice
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Strong experience using MS Excel and MS Word
- Ability to complete tasks in an efficient manner meeting deadlines
This position is a great way to make a difference in your community by using your legal and administrative skills to serve vulnerable populations who may otherwise have no access to legal services.
To apply please submit a completed ELAP General Volunteer Application Form. We will contact you shortly to discuss your interest in this position. If you have any questions, please contact Esperanza Borboa, ELAP Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 425-747-7274 ext. 201. Thank you for your commitment to equal access to justice.
- Executive Admin
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- 9 to 12 hours a week. We ask for a one year commit