Volunteer drivers needed in greater San Diego County in zips:
91910, 91911, 91945, 91950, 92113, 92118, 92101 (Downtown), 92102 (Downtown), 92103, 92104, 92105, 92106, 92107, 92108, 92109, 92110, 92111, 92113, 92114, 92115, 92116, 92118, 92117, 92119, 92120, 92123
Do you have some extra time available to assist senior citizens and adults with visual impairments with transportation in your neighborhood?
We serve members who are visually-impaired to get to their job. A one-way trip in the morning would start the day with a good deed!
A few hours a month, near your neighborhood would allow for independant, dignified transportation.
Benefits of becoming a volunteer driver:
- You help seniors stay independent and healthy by taking them to visit friends, to a hairdresser’s appointment, or a doctor’s appointment.
- You help make driving safer for everyone.
- You get mileage reimbursement for part of the ride and transportation credits for the rest. Save these credits for your own future use, transfer them to a loved one or donate them to the Road Scholarship Program for low-income riders.
Provide one afternoon a week or a few hours during the month. You’ll receive training, and ITNGreaterSanDiego will arrange your driving assignments and routes around your schedule. You can even pick up a rider on your way to work and do a good deed before the day has begun!
All of us have a stake in helping to ensure that older adults and the visually impaired can remain active once they stop driving. Volunteers help older people stay connected to families, friends, and activities that bring meaning to their lives - and to yours.
We serve zip codes 91910, 91911, 91945, 91950, 92101, 92102, 92103, 92104, 92105, 92106, 92107, 92108, 92109, 92110, 92111, 92113, 92114, 92115, 92116, 92117, 92118, 92119, 92120
- Valid driver’s license and three years driving experience.
- Acceptable record of safe driving (no moving violations for three years) and clean criminal history check.
- Proof of liability insurance for vehicle.
How to Apply:
Contact our office at 619-876-9359 or email AnnMarie.Bielicki@itngreatersandiego.org.
Volunteer applications can also be completed online at www.itngreatersandiego.org.
- Elder care
- Customer Acquisition
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A one-way ride or a few hours a week
- 3 Years experience, no moving violations, pass background check & vehicle liability insurance