About Us: Joseph & Sarah Caring for Vets provides transitional housing for homeless veterans. Our goal is to provide homeless veterans a safe and sober living conditions while assisting them with returning to permanent housing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining written policies and procedures for residential operations including resident’s rights, duties and responsibilities. Periodically review procedures and revise as necessary.
- Responsible for monitoring the transitional housing physical operations, ensuring facility is safe, clean and comfortable and there are adequate supplies of basic items such as linens, toiletries, first aid supplies, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring all paperwork and statistics required by funders and other payers are completed and submitted within the deadlines.
- Responsible for providing the staff with professional direction regarding resident assessment and identification of resident’s needs. Ensure all case managers either meets these needs or makes informed referrals to other community resources, seeking opportunities to bridge the staffing between both facilities.
- Responsible for performing general facility management functions, including facility maintenance, enforcing rules and regulations, mediating disputes between residents, overseeing programs, education and events.
- Responsible for supervising the counseling and disciplinary programs offered to the residents of the transitional housing program.
- Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of referral resources and processes..
- Responsible for representing JSCV at community meetings related to sheltering, housing and homelessness.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum three - five years’ experience in management and supervision of a small - medium sized staff; residential facility management preferred.
- Experience in client oriented social services - domestic violence related preferred.
- Ability to supervise the daily activities and career development of a diverse staff.
- Ability to supervise the daily operations of a 12 -bed residential facility including maintenance of the buildings and grounds.
- Considerable knowledge of assessment methods and techniques; supervisory skills, and conflict management resolution skills.
- Ability to assess a variety of personal or family problems, maintains detailed and accurate records/data, and maintains confidences.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25