Support Group Facilitator in Olympia
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where222 Columbia St NWOlympia, WA 98501
Become a volunteer support group facilitator and make a difference in a caregiver's life. Provide help and hope in a trusting place.
We are currently recruiting facilitators for dementia specific caregiver support groups in Olympia.
We provide excellent trainings, ongoing support, resources, and continuing education opportunities. A screening and application process is required.
Individuals who are often best qualified as support group facilitators include working or retired social workers, nurse and other healthcare professionals, educators, clergy, counselors, and former family caregivers. Commitment of at least one year is required.
Attributes of a facilitator
- Knowledgeable or willing to learn about Alzheimer's disease, related dementias, and resources
- Strong listening and effective communication skills
- Sense of humor
- Ability to create and maintain a safe environment
- Comfortable with expression of emotions
- Available for required trainings
Be a part of the team! For more information in Washington contact:
Linda Whiteside, Director | Community Support at 1.800.848.7097 or 206.529.3875, email email@example.com
- Crisis Counseling
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 Year Commitment Required