Would you like to improve the lives of older adults around you? Become a Volunteer in Action and spend your time with older adults in your area who are in need of friendly neighborhood support.
Make your volunteer experience personal! Volunteer on your own or in a group. Or, if you prefer to serve one person in an ongoing relationship, we can match you with an adult based on your interests. For people who prefer an occasional volunteer opportunity, our email program makes it easy to fit volunteering into your schedule. Pets and kids can come along, with supervision and the permission of the person you’re visiting.
Volunteers may provide the following types of support:
- Friendly visits and fun outings
- Grocery shopping
- Help with rides to church, the grocery store, medical appointments, etc.
- Light housekeeping like dusting or vacuuming
- Yard work like mowing or weeding
- Telephone check-ins
- Respite care- sitting with an adult so their caregiver can take care of themselves
Volunteers in Action is a program of Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital working to address loneliness, isolation, and loss of ability in our community’s older adult population. Volunteers provide social support to adults in Hood River and Klickitat Counties.
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 month commitment once you complete training
- TB blood test